Thursday, December 31, 2009

Did any of you young people lose a parent to suicide?

Have any of you people in your late teens or early twenties lost a parent to suicide? How did it affect you and was there anything the sucidal parent could have done to ease the suffering you felt? How has the suicide affected your life?Did any of you young people lose a parent to suicide?
i think i can do a good job of answering your question. i was seventeen when my dad killled himself on xmas day . i was unfortunate enough to find him. at first i was in shock . i immediately asked myself if suicide was something i should do also . fortunately i didnt do it. his passing was very unfortunate because i think the teens and after high school are very important years . this is when you start becoming an adult and asking them life questions. after several years i understand his choice and honestly if i had felt the pain he did i might have made the same choice. what he could have done? get help . for himself for us we were a disfunctional family and he didnt see a way to solve the problem. im a lot older now. like i said a teem doesnt have that important adult voice to guide them. my mom couldnt do that she had her own problems one really bad effect is the unconscious that lots of decisions i make are based on what happened to him.Did any of you young people lose a parent to suicide?
My dad committed suicide about 1 month after I graduated from college. It made me feel helpless and alone in the world. My mother did not work and he was our family hero. Basically, the rug got pulled out in front of us. Later on, after the dust settled, I realized that life is precious and it should be enjoyed. I had much more difficult things happen to me than he did but I did not give up. With a little patience, things generally work out and it is not worth killing ourselves over things. Suicide also upsets those around you too. People should think about that before doing something so stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment