Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do I take my child with me to parent / teacher conference?

I know this may sound silly, but I have my first kindergartner %26amp; her first parent / teacher conference is next week. I am not sure if I am suppose to take her with me or find someone to watch her. Any advice? Maybe from a teacher or experienced mom? Thank you!Do I take my child with me to parent / teacher conference?
At my daughter's school they want the children to attend the parent/teacher conferences.





It should say on the form that was given to you from the teacher about the parent/teacher conference if no children are allowed.





I know some schools do not want them to attend.





Or call the school (you don't even have to speak with the teacher) and ask them if children are allowed to come.Do I take my child with me to parent / teacher conference?
Some parents do, some parents don't. It depends on your teacher. I prefer not to have the children there because it's easier to discuss concerns. However, having the child there means you can brainstorm with the child and they can help come up with ideas to solve problems. Check with other parents in your district and talk to your child's teacher about it.
I have been a single Dad since my daughter started school. She is now 11, and I have been to every one of her conferences. It helps the child think she/he is a part of the process.
My mom did after my dad passed away. I really liked it. It is good to know first hand what your teacher says, but I was a little older. I was ten. I could handle it if my teacher said I was having problems. Most of them always said the same thing though. Very smart, mind like a sponge, just needs to focus more, complete tasks on time etc. What if what a teacher has to say about your child is not quite that pleasant? Are you prepared to deal with that?
My school expects the child to be there. We are moving towards student lead conferences. If we have concerns that we don't want to discuss with the child there, we make another appointment. It really varies, though, so the best thing to do would be to phone or email the school to check.
  • skin treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment