Thursday, May 13, 2010

Acting out because of the loss of a parent?

My much older sister just recently lost her husband to terminal brain cancer. She has three children ages 23, 20, and 16. Her 16 year old daughter (my neice) has been acting out a lot lately, at school and at home. Could this possibly be related to the loss of her father? Any advice?Acting out because of the loss of a parent?
Yes, definitely. It's an incredibly painful thing, to lose someone you love. I didn't lose my father, I lost my grandfather. But he was as important in my life as my father. It took me almost three years to really accept his loss. Which seems like a long time, but it didn't then.





She's grieving. She needs to. But she needs help dealing with this, or she's going to find less-than-ideal ways to vent. But she'll be fine. Eventually. It's hard, I know, but eventually she'll be okay.Acting out because of the loss of a parent?
Yes. My boyfriend's dad died recently. About maybe 8 months ago and he acts out, like terribly. Not with me though, but I've seen him. But, She will soon get over it. It's very hard, but she will eventully find a way to cope with it. It's just a little phase for the moment.





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Awwh, I'm sorry to hear. I think this is related to the loss of her father. I hope everything goes well for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment