Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I cope with my parent being this upset with me that I didn't get in?

I didn't get in the state university in town he teaches at. It's my fault, I take full responsibility for it. I am forced to go to a community college, and he's embarrassed for me and extremely upset. Does he have a reason to? It's making me feel like sh--. He didn't even say ''It's ok'' he put me down. I'm not bothered by it, but the fact that he is makes me.How can I cope with my parent being this upset with me that I didn't get in?
I t depends on why you did not get accepted to the State University. Is it because you did not study when you should have been and got bad grades...if this is the case then he has a reason to be disappointed...not embarrassed. If you didn鈥檛 get in to this university because your grades were not good enough but you tried your hardest鈥hen no鈥e shouldn鈥檛 be embarrassed. College is not for everyone. My advice is to apply to the community college (if you want to go to college) and do your best. Show that university (and your father) what a mistake they made by not accepting you.How can I cope with my parent being this upset with me that I didn't get in?
Why don't you try to apply at a private college - there easier to get into now more then ever .. because no one has any money. My little sister just got rejected from a state school because you need a 3.0 and she blew off her senior year and screw up but shes a smart girl and ended up getting into a private catholic school that is better because no one can afford it and they require a 3.5 she had a 2.5 .. or do CC for a year and apply at the state school. ITS not a big deal .. thats what CC is for to prep kids for ';real'; college to speak. but i dont know who ';he'; is if you mean your father tell him to back off and hes making you upset.
Hey Kelly


Why dont you look into online schools. Your father probably wont be happy but if he's embrassed you could go to an online university.


Im going to ashford university. I got my associates already and i wanted to go back to school to get my bacholars but i didn;t have the time to devote. so i looked into ashford. they have a accelerated program and you'll have your degree in months.


dont worry about pops he only want the best for you!!
First: Buy a gun, learn how to use it. The world can be a tough place.





Second: Obtain a car, say goodbye to anyone special to you.





Third: Drive car into sunset, sleep in it. Sell blood, clothing, organs and other personal possessions to pay for food. Eventually, sell car (also for food). Wander the country, hitchhiking and riding the rails. Develop a drug addiction.





Fourth: Wonder where it all went wrong.
Your Dad has high expectations from what i see. Talk to him calmly and explain yourself. Then tell him that he is making a big deal out of it and that alot of people don't make it. Tell him you will try to make it into a different university. Tell him that you feel like he is smothering you and making you feel very badly.





Then try to make it into a different college, and if you can't then tell him that you tried every college and you couldn't get in.





If you can't make it into any other colleges then go to the community college.

No comments:

Post a Comment