Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I go about being a good parent?

My son's due Valentine's Day, and I'm extremely nervous. Everyone's telling me that I'll be a great dad, but I'm SO nervous, because I'm so young, and it's my first child. We're keeping him, so I'd like to know what I should do to go about being a good dad.How do I go about being a good parent?
It shows by the very fact that you are nervous that you are going to do great. I would recommend some reading...my favorite was by a British lady named Penelope Leach. Her books about raising children were great. Also Dr. Brazelton is fabulous.





Never hitting is a very big one. Although challenging you really need to find some creative and alternative ways to make a negative into a positive, especially with little guys, under 5 or even older.





If you are a happy, safe, caring human being, which I can tell that you are...just being around and for your Baby to have someone to say ';this is my Dad';, is the greatest gift you can give.





I wish more people were as excited and concerned about parenting like you.





Bless your Heart,


SarahJaneHow do I go about being a good parent?
They say that when a mom to be worries about being a good mother that she should not that it comes naturally I believe that that goes the same for new DADS. I think that you will may a great father. The fact that your worrying about already makes you a great dad. The best advice I can give and please no matter what always follow this advice:





Play with your child. Play cars, or barbies, or whatever toys they have play with them, swing them around, laugh with them, cry with them, always listen to them. Take them for bike rides or go skating with them
Trial and error. That's how you get to be a good parent. Everyone who i think is a good parent did not become that way as soon as the child exited the womb, it took years of practice. For me to be a good parent I first have to love my children over everything else in this world (after God). I also have to be flexible and willing to change something if it doesn't work. Last, pick your battles with your son. Not everything is worth an argument.


Start watching those whose parenting styles you like and see what they do with their kids, watch kids and parents together and see how they treat each other. I am a big watcher, I like to see people doing things so I can make the choice whether or not to be like them or not. Unfortunately, most of the parents in my family are teaching me what NOT to do with my kids. Utilize your parents (if you trust them and for the most part agree with how you were raised). Don't be afraid to ask questions.


You'll be fine. I think worrying about it already shows you care which is really the most important thing with kids, love them! Feel free to check out parenting websites, www.babycenter.com and read the articles on babies and kids, if you are the reading type and feel you can gain from those sources.


Congrats, Daddy!
Spend as much time as you can with him/her. Read him books, play with him, talk to him, etc... Don't yell, scream, or hit. Always use a firm and gentle voice. Most importantly, help out with the baby as much as you can, your wife will need a lot of rest to recover. Offer to change diapers, do the dishes, cook, give baby a bath, etc... You will be deeply appreciated, trust me. Hope this helps. Good luck :)
All you can really do is always try to do the best for your child. Take some classes on child care, as there are a lot of things to learn! Simple things like bathing, and more complicated things like helping your children stay healthy are important to learn.
Valentine's day is my dad's birthday! Was your dad a good dad to you? It's okay that you're scared, all new dads are scared, so don't feel bad about being nervous. Just listen to your kid. That's the best advice I can give you.
Just try and raise him to be a decent human being. No suspensions in HS or jail time before 18. lol.I'm sure you'll be fine.
just take care of him. buy it clothes and food and try to be a good role model








.
Do your best. That is all that matters.
just be yourself...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment