Thursday, May 13, 2010

Does anyone know where in Georgia a single parent can receive financial aid?

I'm a single mom of 7 yr old twins and a 5 yr old I am now disabled and awaiting to go before administrative law judge to determine my ssi disability (21 months now) and have subsequently lost my home, car property-basically everthing but the clothes that the kids and I had and our beds. We sold everything else trying to keep up with the bills. Everyone tells me I am unqualified to receive any government assistance other than food stamps that we have graciously accepted. Having been a nurse for 21 years this has been very difficult. any suggestions out there?Does anyone know where in Georgia a single parent can receive financial aid?
It will be hard for you to get actual money from anyone but family, the government, or churches. But there are community food banks here in the metro Atlanta area and they can help ';fill-in'; when food stamps are running out. Also look into the assistance programs available thru the Salvation Army. They have many cooperative partnership programs available all over Georgia.





I hope and pray you get the ssi very soon. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment