Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I go about being a good parent?

My son's due Valentine's Day, and I'm extremely nervous. Everyone's telling me that I'll be a great dad, but I'm SO nervous, because I'm so young, and it's my first child. We're keeping him, so I'd like to know what I should do to go about being a good dad.How do I go about being a good parent?
Can I be blunt? Be the father found in the Bible.





Patient, loving, kind, supportive, provider, leader of the family, strong but sensitive and NEVER be afraid to punish. We are there to be an example and lead our kids into being good adults - not simply be their friends.





I have two adorable daughters who are not only intelligent, but some of the best behaved kids you have ever met (others say this all the time). They are polite, kind and respectful. However, there has been a time or two where they received a spanking in public, then they were made to apologize to everyone in the public setting that was disturbed by their poor behavior.





Love them. Don't stress. Your world is about to change, it is the best thing that will ever happen to you.





Oh, also spoil them, but not grossly. It is good for them to want. Get them out to volunteer and serve others at a young age so they can grow up enjoying doing things for others who are not as blessed. Also, teach them respect for authority and elders.





One of the best things for them to see in their home is you loving their mother.How do I go about being a good parent?
Try. That's all you have to do. Just make an effort. Get up with the baby. Don't be afraid to change diapers. Let mom take a long bath once in awhile. Rock him. Cuddle him. Love him. An effort and thoughtfulness goes a long way. Don't be nervous, the fact that you are worried about being a good dad says a lot! You really want to be a good dad. Good luck and take it easy. Congrats on bubs.
The key to being a good dad is keeping the mother happy so she doesnt give the kid a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment