Monday, May 10, 2010

Military children How do you Deal with the fact that your parent/parents go away to war?

My Dad is in the Air Force now but He was a Marine untill I was 2 but he still as to go away to war but not as often. But the when I was 10 he was sapose to leave for war and for my birthday he gave me and my sister a teddy bear and told me, ';Every time you miss me jsut hug the bear and I will feel your hug and I will be with you.'; That bear hug him every time I need a hug from my Daddy.Military children How do you Deal with the fact that your parent/parents go away to war?
From experience, I know that is a hard age not to have your daddy around, because so many things about your life are changing, your friends, your attitude, ambitions, everything really. Its the beginning of the transition from a little girl to a young woman. but when my dad was gone letters kept me hopeful, and knowing that he would come home one day. .. and no it doesn't seem like you have problems, it just seems like you miss your dad... it would seem like you had problems if you didn't miss him. But you will get through it... You will be ok, and I pray God comforts you and that you dad will have a safe return!





And remember no matter what your feelings about the war... when he is out there, he is there for more than his country he is there for you, and your future! So tell him thanks because most dads only say they would go to war for their child... you daddy actually does.Military children How do you Deal with the fact that your parent/parents go away to war?
I so wish sometimes i could vote a thumbs down multiple times for a idiotic answere.





But on to your question.


It is Excelent that your dad is now in the air force depending on the job it is far safer then being a marine.


As far as your situation goes i am really hopeing that your mom is available to you. Talk to her and tell her how you feel she will be there for you when you need her. She will miss your dad also but remember its not perminent and he loves you a great deal and the country that he fights for to keep you and mom safe at home.
The question reads like it written by an adult. The details read like it was written by a child. Something's questionable there.





Regardless, my step-father was in the Marines. He had a great line for questions like that. ';It's better to go off to war, then goto the next block for war.';
you should talk to your mom about how you're feeling. the command's ombudsman will be able to get you in touch with other kids in your area, maybe even who's parents are with your daddy.





i know it's hard, we're a Navy family. It's ok to be sad and miss your daddy... be proud of him too! :) Keep hugging your bear, that's a sweet thing!
Seems you faired very well. Your dad must be a great guy.
Tell your Dad, thanks from Derail for stepping up to the plate. Now our children may have a safe future.
Your at least ten and you talk like that and hug stuffed bears! Your dad better start staying home more often because you're one messed up kid!
You either look at the situation critically and rebel or accept the brainwashing and learn to march.

No comments:

Post a Comment