Monday, May 10, 2010

Can I file taxes and my parent still claim me?

i need to kno if my mom will still be able to claim me if i file my taxes cuz if she can't i can't file and i really want that money they been takin from my check...Can I file taxes and my parent still claim me?
Yes, you can still file, even if your parents are claiming you on their return. Be sure to check the box on YOUR return that says someone else can claim you - if you're filing a 1040EZ and you probably are, it's on line 5.





If you made under $5350 for the year, you should get everything back that was withheld for federal income tax - you won't get back what was withheld for social security and medicare. If you make over $5350 you'll owe some tax so won't get all of your federal income tax withholding back.Can I file taxes and my parent still claim me?
If your mother is still supporting you, she claims you. No matter what if you are working you have to file, you just don't get any exemptions. However, if you are not making much your taxes won't be that high and you should get most of it back.
If you meet the definition of a qualifying child or qualifying relative your mother will claim you, and you cannot claim yourself. If you do not meet either of those tests, she cannot claim you regardless of whether she wants to.





Your message does not contain enough information to tell if you are a QC or a QR. You should list how much you made, how old you are, if you lived with your mother for over half the year, if you lived with her for the whole year, if you were a full time student for at least 5 months in 2007, and who provided more than half your support (you or your mother).

No comments:

Post a Comment