Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's the opinion of an American parent about the TV show ';The Secret Life of the American Teenager';?

Is it sad that the show is all about sex and dating, and the characters are only about 13 y/o (i believe).





whats the opinion of a parent of an american teenager?What's the opinion of an American parent about the TV show ';The Secret Life of the American Teenager';?
As a parent my opinion of The Secret Life of an American Teenager'; shows the realities that many teens face. Peer pressure is a huge one. It also shows the out come of teenagers having sex, the heart break of it and a teen pregnancy. Personally I think it could be a good way for other teenagers to see the high chance of pregnancy if they decide to have sex. Contraceptives are not fool proof and I wish more parents would realize this. Just because it reduces the risk does not make teenagers having sex right or anymore safe. Why risk it at all when you don't have to? But it's a very eye opening show that does just as the name suggests; it's the life of a lot of typical teens in America. I wish more were like Grace though (saving themselves for marriage and having morals).What's the opinion of an American parent about the TV show ';The Secret Life of the American Teenager';?
The characters are fifteen and a lot of it, you don't want to admit, but it happens in real life, the sex and dating. I am 16, and very few of my friends are still virgins, and it shows all the negative outcomes of teenagere having sex. Have you actually watched more than one episode? It also shows plenty of good moral values. There is actually a couple on that show, that is all about Christianity, and abstinence until mairrage. All in all i don't think it will hurt anyone to watch it. It shows nothing innapropriate. If your'e worried, go check out MTV nowadays.





Besides, ask anyone who watches that show and they'll say ';it's so corny and unrealistic, but it's addictive! I can't stop watching it!';





EDIT: Jen Y, the title does say AN, really, at least thats what i thought.
I'm not a parent of a teen, but my teen sister is currently living with my husband, kids, and I, so I kind of take that place.





My sister and watch that show together and I think that is good for us to talk about together. She is 27 weeks pregnant so she already has gone through one of the girl's situations, but it's good for her to talk about still. I don't think that show is teaching any girl to go out and get pregnant, so I don't see why the show is harmful! I don't advise little kids watching it, that is why it says in the beginning of the show that parent's are recommended to accompany kids when they watch the show.
I think that the show is good in one aspect because it helps open the lines of communication between parents and teenagers. It also helps parents realize that ';hey my kid could be or is doing this too.'; Sex is happening at younger and younger ages and some parents are clueless. This show can help parents realize what is going on with kids these days.





Now having kids watch this show- I don't really know. I haven't really sat down to watch it myself, but the concept alone would make me not want a child under 12 or so watching it alone.
I think its a realistic view of the life of a teenager. Obviously not every teenager gets into drugs and sex and stuff but many people teenagers go to school with do these kind of things and theres a lot of peer pressure to do them. I think its a really helpful show that shows kids the consequences of these kinds of things.
I think it does hit some points that are real...the communication between teens and their parents, certain drama issues that go on in school, pregnancy etc. but the title is sad. It should say AN American teenager...not THE American teenager. It makes it seem like every American teenager lives this kind of life.
Oh, I'm 13 and love that show. And to let you know most of them are like 15 or 16 (youngest if one of the sisters that is 13). I go to a school kind of like that. A couple of my friends aren't virgins.....





My mom likes me to watch those shows that demonstrate teen parents (Juno, Secret Life, and Baby Borrowers). She thinks it's good birth control.
I love the show (Im 15)


When i told my mom about she thought it was good to watch cause it teachs you about things you need to watch out for except i dont go to that type of school





They are 15 through 17(in the show)
Texas Mommys children are ugly eww
That all the children that go to that school need birth control
the people on the show are in high school and most of it is aboutsex but its still really good
I'm in highschool and was surprised at all the sex featured in it. We're a little more moral than the stories adults are writing for us.
  • fashion makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment