Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you feel that you have become more conservative now that you are a parent?

I am pretty liberal at the moment and have been for as long as I can remember. My parents, however, are extremely conservative. We have a 1 yr old and I always hear them say that as I get older, have kids, etc, etc, I will become more conservative. Have you noticed this has happened to you as a parent? Has it increased as you got older?


Just curious! Not here to criticize anyone!Do you feel that you have become more conservative now that you are a parent?
No, in fact I've become even more secure in my politics since I became a parent. I have integrated my parenting decisions with my politics.......





One of my favorite books is the link below.Do you feel that you have become more conservative now that you are a parent?
You tend to get more conservative as you get older, it has nothing to do with parenthood.
dont listen to your parents. adults who are set in their ways always say to their kids and any young person realy, that they will change in some way or blah blah blah. every person is different, and not everyone changes in the same ways. i was told forever that i would change as i got older blah blah. after people realised i knew who i was and where i was going, they shut up. LOL. i think becoming a parent changes many things, but not so specificaly. it doesnt mean you will become more conservative., some people might, and some wont. if it is not who you realy are inside, no child will change that. blessings
As far as politics or as in real life? My wife is still a Dem, if that's what you mean. But in real life she is pretty liberal, I'm more of the conservative, don't touch that, don't do that type. Especially so after having two boys. But I used to be super liberal.
Yes,children are very observant and so I make sure not to act in ways that I don't want my daughter to imitate, I live for her now.
not conservative in the way that you use the all over flower thing on you and your surroundings:) but I think ,I got more boring.


I really miss the crazy weekend get aways and sleep ins after a night out.but i am pretty sure it will come back,as soon my child is old enough to stay with my parents for a few days:)





and i think a lot more about stuff I thought it would be conservative.like having cake around on sundays,going to the market to buy fresh veggies etc...scary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment