Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you think this is irresponsible for a parent?

The father of a 17 year old son buys alcohol for him and his mates before they go to a party. Do you think that the father should act more responsible?Do you think this is irresponsible for a parent?
Hard to say without knowing all the details. I've bought alcohol for parties but I knew the kids in question and where the party was and the adults who lived there. I knew it wouldn't get out of hand I knew the kids wouldn't be tempted to drink and drive in order to hide what they were up to.





Generally, I think that this is a parent who doesn't want their kids sneaking around behind their back.Do you think this is irresponsible for a parent?
In Australia the legal drinking age is 18, so if this is based in Australia and the son was only a couple of weeks or a month or two off being 18, I really don't see what the problem is.





Being that I was 17 in school when all my friends were turning 18 and having their 18th birthday parties etc I had easy access to alcohol. And plus, when you are 17 and a couple of weeks/months of your legal drinking age birthday you really can't see why its an issue. The old arguement....'well how much more mature am I going to be in two weeks anyway' tends to apply!





If, like other answerers have suggested above and its in America or somewhere where the legal age is 21, then yes..i think its very inappropriate and irresponsible.
It really depends on the situation, and how much alcohol it was. I was allowed to have a few drinks every now and then as a teenager. I always drank responsibly and in moderation.





EDIT*I'm Australian aswell, it's not illegal here for parents to give their teens alcohol if they are ofer a certain age and you are at home, it's just illegal to sell it to them until they are 18. I'll look for a link.
To buy and give to them is illegal. In the USA you can give your own child alcohol in your own home or even give it to them in a bar,but if they get into trouble from the drinks then you can be held liable. In no way can you supply it to any other juvenile though.
Not really, they will buy alcohol themselves so it鈥檚 not very irresponsible.
Not only is it irresponsible, but in the US it's illegal. The father could be arrested for doing that here.
yes..very irresponsible....
  • fashion makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment