Thursday, May 13, 2010

Would you intervene in the raising of another parent's children, and if so in what cases?

Right then folks, now that some of us are older and wiser what would you do? Views tvm.Would you intervene in the raising of another parent's children, and if so in what cases?
I have custody of my grandkids. My son and his wife are both meth addicts. When the kids were born, they dropped them off and were gone again.





I have had both children their whole lives. And I thank God that they at least had the sense to bring them to me. They are my world. Chase 5 and Bella just turned three.Would you intervene in the raising of another parent's children, and if so in what cases?
This is indeed a difficult one. The only times I have done so is when it concerns me. If the child has been disrespectful, yes, I have a few words with the Mom/Dad.


I have a big problem at the moment with a neighbor who does not put her children in seat belts, when her children get into my car, seat belts are to be worn, they do not want to put them on, so I must pull over and let the kids cry and yell and carry on until they remain in the seat belts, I have had to turn around and take my friend and her children home because of this. This causes a big problem between myself and friend, but no one gets into my car without the seat belt on. Where I live it is a law, end of conversation.
If it was so obvious that that parent had to do a bit more parenting,


and less ignoring of the child, I might say something, if I thought that


child could be harmed in some way. For instance, many years ago


when my best friend left her child alone after school while she was


at work, I observed, he was out running around down the street with


much bigger boys. He was five years old, and was home unsupervised.


I would see him outside further down than he should be. And I mentioned it to my friend. Who felt she could trust her little boy to


make the right decisions. I gathered she felt I should mind my own


business, but I knew I was far more protective of my children and


would not allow them out of the back yard. Now today, she says she


had her mother in law babysitting after school. And at the time, that


wasn't true at all. I was a stay at home mom, so I saw him and


heard him so often. Generally if I thought a childs' activity could put


him in harms way, I might mention my fear to the parent today. Other-


wise, I'd try to ignore it, to avoid getting a lecture LOL.
I did. The smaller children were left with the older children who were doing drugs, stealing bikes, etc. I tried talking to the parents first, then I called child protective services. It was supposed to be confidential. It wasn't. They gave them my name! Now one of the older children is in jail, which backs me up.
my daughter and her husband 2 kids live with my wife and i, they are great parents many times i have to just go back to our sitting room, and bite my tongue when they are correcting one of my grand daughters because it hurts my feelings to see them upset, but i realize i'm looking through gram pas eyes so i stay out of it
If the parent could not look after them and asked me to do so. If they were my God children and not being raised as christians. If they were in danger. If they were my relatives and their parents died or could not look after them.
I'd intervene in raising my grandchildren, if something happened to my sons %26amp; their wives. I'd raise them just as I raised my sons, because they are raising their children, just as they were raised. What greater compliment could they pay me %26amp; their father?
Only if I thought the child was being abused in some way. There may be times I did not agree with the parents form of discipline etc but you have to remember that it is their child and you have to respect their views.
I would intervene only in the case of child abuse or some other illegal conduct by the parent.





In child rearing everyone has a different opinion.


And we also know that opinions are like anuses, everyone has one.
No! I am long past the child rearing age and it wouldn't be good for me or for the children. Maybe a college student but not little ones when you can't remember which drawer you left them in.
If a child was abused in any way I would notify Children Protective Services.





If one of my siblings died or was incapacitated I was help raise their children.






Abuse should never be allowed to continue.



NO - NEVER - that's considered Meddling!





CJ
nope just like i would never try to break up a fight between a man and wife!!!
OH no, not at this stage of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment