Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I get my mom to not come to my school's Parent's Day?

I do not want to be mean, but I do not want my mom to come to parents day. It's not really all that special anyway. I mean most of the kids in my grade are immature, so she doesn't like being there anyway. But whenever parents day comes around, she always somehow ends up going. AAAAH! Am I the only person that has problems with this sort of thing? Help! Yes, I love my mom so don't tell me that Im like rude or anything. I am in eighth grade. Any ideas?How can I get my mom to not come to my school's Parent's Day?
I can understand how you feel ~ when I was your age, I felt the same way. I was afraid the ';cool'; kids would find things to make fun of her (and then me) about...I was worried she would say or do something to embarrass me...I just knew that she'd wear something awful and everyone would stare. I would tell her anything to try and keep her from coming. But, she always came.





And you know what, I always survived. It wasn't until later when I could look back on it through my younger sister (who was one of the ';cool'; kids and never cared what my mother came to) that my fears were just really stupid. The ';cool'; kids, well they either were as worried as I was about their mom, or they could care less about my mother (cuz they could care less about me). I embarrassed my mom WAY more often in this lifetime than she could ever embarrass me, and she never ever tried to keep me out of her life. I love my mom, and I wish SO bad that I could go back in time and do some things over and be as proud of her then as I am now.





A lot of words to say this ~ I get it, but dang, just get over it. In 10 yrs who are you gonna care about? Your stupid Jr High friends, or your mom?


(How can I get my mom to not come to my school's Parent's Day?
You may love your mom but their is obviously something you are ashamed of. You need to learn to respect your mom and be proud that she cares enough about you to come to parents day.
Do you have something to hide? Does she not bathe? What? She is the only mother you have, so be nice to her. If she goes, she goes. You don't make that choice. What ever weird problem you have with her going, get over it.
Dude, what are you afraid of?


If you love your mom, let her come.


I'm in 8th grade too but my mom is sick so she can never come to my school things...


You're lucky.
If she doesn't know, don't tell her. If she does know, just tell her not to come because she treats you like a baby. She probably won't be offended or anything.
She is a parent, and she has every right in the world to go to parents day if she feels like it.





You sound pretty immature yourself.
Your mom is sweet for even wanting to come. Just think about all the kids in your class who are proud of their mom but feel bad because she has to work, etc.
When you get older you'll realize your mother is the best person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment