Saturday, January 23, 2010

Are you really a step parent when you get married?

I've been with my husband on and off several times before we got married and we've split up and gotten back together one more time since we've been married. In that time we've been at odds numerous and countless times when it comes to his and I's kids. I feel like he only supports me with his kids when all is going positive, but when I'm having trouble gaining respect and instilling discipline...I'm suddenly the bad guy and doesn't want to address the issue. Currently we are not speaking as a result.Are you really a step parent when you get married?
Yes you are. First and for most he must respect you then the kids will. Try this discuss issues in private then tell him that he should tell the kids that HE has decided what was right wrong or what ever. Kids learn at a early age how to play parents against each other think back to your childhood, the one with least resistance is who you went to. I was a step parent myself raised a daughter from 2 years to now she is 29years old although her mom and i are divorced she stills calls me dad.We have better relationship than they do because she realized I was a friend as well father. that was after her mom started to respect me and stand behind my desision. Let him be responciple for the disiplen. But at the same time treat the kids with respect and it will come. Hope it all works out.Are you really a step parent when you get married?
I've become a parent to my fiance's kids even before we're married. In fact....I'd be upset if anyone that was caring for my daughter didn't call her down when she does something wrong. We back each other up if there's a discipline issue and discuss it later on when the kids aren't around if we disagree, which isn't very often. Part of loving is guiding and keeping someone out of danger - discipline is part of that.
Yep, you are. You guys need to develop a united front.
All I can say is I feel sorry for all the kids involved in this scenario.
yes you are really a step parent, you take on that responsability and you have to deal with ways the other person parents which we don't always agree with... I think that when it comes to other peoples kids its so easy to see what they do wrong but when it comes to your owns kids its harder to see and I think sometimes when the bad things they do get pointed out by someone else it stings a little, maybe that's why your husband has a hard time with it...also he probably only has them a little bit of the time so ehat you see as a big deal he might no since he doesn't have to deal with it all the time.
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment