Saturday, January 23, 2010

Should I attempt to carry a child that has been removed from the parent 9mths into the year?

I normally carry my neice and she had a baby. I have been helping her with him since he was born. Her mother called child services on her and the baby was removed. should i still try to carru the child on my taxes or not?Should I attempt to carry a child that has been removed from the parent 9mths into the year?
Check the IRS web site. I don't know if it has changed but it used to be if you supported them for 6 months or more than you could claim them.Should I attempt to carry a child that has been removed from the parent 9mths into the year?
Yes you can. If you supported the child financially at least 6 months out of the year with at least 50% of their finances he is yours to claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment