Saturday, January 23, 2010

What part of being a parent make you cry the most?

What part of parenthood is most touching?What part of being a parent make you cry the most?
my sons telling me i'm the best cook (when everyone disagrees)


my daughter telling me i'm beautiful (when she's the fairest of them all)


my youngest waking me up at 5am and says';mom, are you asleep?';


finishing doing whatever i was doing and going to the boys room and see all four of my kids laughing with each other making jokes and being silly, totally unaware i'm eyeing them from the corner. then i KNOW they are true friends and they'll be there for each other. from cradle to the grave, they will love and care for each other. NOW that has me tearing up right now!What part of being a parent make you cry the most?
well l always ask myself what did l do right for god to give me 2 of the greatest kids in the world. l am bless everyday and wont miss a moment of there life. even though l am there mother for and most part l am there best friend as well. they r the best and they make u feel great most of the times , but they r spoil. l love with all my heart. l love most when they say hey mom can we talk and even though they know sometimes l might not be to happy with whatever it is but we work on it together instead of them being scared to come to me and talking to me and instead talking to some other parent. u have to be there when they fall and be there when they r happy , but sometimes u have to let them fall so they can learn or grow from it , and get up on there own and they will thank u for that one day u hope anyway lol. my husband is in iraq , there father and has been there for almost 2yrs so we have to be a team and help each other out at times. but to be honest with u all l am terrified of something happening to my husband but never will l let my kids know that. l wish he was home. we miss him
when your children excel, when they laugh together, when they help each other, when they say thank you out of the blue just for being there mom, when they give you a kiss, or hug, when they get you a gift that they really put thought into, i love being a parent, everything my children do and say is so amazing to me, i look at them interact together from a distance and wonder what i have done to be so blessed
When my children were little and mommy was the center of their universe and no one could take your place. I know they still love me but I miss the times when they were little and everything you did was like the greatest thing to them. You could see in their eyes how much they loved and adored you. All three of my children are grown up now but I have a grandson who just turned two so now we get to see how every new thing amazes him and how he just adores his mommy. It brings back memories of how my children were and that brings tears to my eyes.
What part of being a parent make you cry the most? The Bills
When we have a day that all 4 children get along. When the kids say Mom your pretty. Or Mom we love you bunches. Anything that makes me smile. Or even when I see them sharing with other kids. It makes me think, wow we are doing something right.
My daughter's first dance recital, I saw her on the stage, in her costume, doing the routines she'd worked so hard to learn, in fact I've cried at all of her recitals. And the first and last day of Kindergarten, I was a wreck, and then the 1st day of 1st grade I cried again!
When you help them do little things and they're so grateful for it.And they look into your eyes and say thank you mommy,or I love you mommy.
With seven kids there are too many to mention but heres a taster;


My step daughters getting accepted to the colleges they wanted,we all just cried and cried with joy.


My 14yr old taking a girl on his first date, being made captain of the football team, getting good grades after two years if bad grades.


My 12yr old making me presents like a family prtrait for our bedroom and always giving me a cuddle when im stressing out.


My 5yr old waking up dry and saying mommy im a guy now, holding his little brothers hand as they walk into school.


My 3yr old singing christmas songs for all our relatives,painting pictues for me and my husband practically every day,falling asleep under the christmas tree waiting for santa,


My 17month olds first steps,first smile and his hearty little laugh.


The day I married my husband and bacame an immediate mother to two beautiful little girls, the day we were told we were pregnant with all five of our kids, the days on which they were born healthy and every day that they smile and tell me they are happy.
when they are disappointed
This may seem a little strange, but the most touching thing for me is the way my Mom and my two girls just love each other so much. I know it won't last forever, so I enjoy it. Gramma spends lot's of time with them playing. I remember how special it was and how I had so much fun with my grandfather and it tickles me that my girls have such a special grandparent. I love that my Mom is so interested and involved with my kids.
My daughter, who will be a year old in Feb, starting giving me hugs about a month ago. She can be so charming! She always wants to share her cheerios with me (tries to shove them in my mouth) and gives me random kisses throughout the day. Some nights before bedtime when I am holding her I get a little emotional and sometimes shed a few tears, she is most affectionate before bed and is such a big sweetheart, she just hugs me and hugs me and babbles on and on to me. Babies are wonderful. It's amazing how fast their personalities develop!
Every new milestone my kids have makes my cry~ mainly happy tears. When my oldest son turned 9 I cried because he was half way to being able to move out. When each one of my kids said their first word, took their first steps, started their first day of school, etc...~ they have all made me cry. But, everything my kids do is astonishing and touching to me!
All parts.Today I am feeling emotional because today is the first day of the final year at primary school fo my 12 year old daughter.Its hard watching her grow up because she is turning into a beautiful young teenager.Soon she will be moving up to high school..
My daughter's graduation from preschool...as well as her first day of kindergarten. She didn't want me taking her to school, she wanted to ride the bus. She instructed me to stay in our driveway while she walked to the bus stop by herself. More recently, it was her ordering her first glass of wine in a restaurant and ';flashing'; her ID...it was her 21st birthday.
when I have to discipline..(grounding and taking privileges away)..... and when I have to ';Tough Love';.





The most touching is when we give hugs. When they say ';Thank you';, ';I love you';, when I am sick and they say ';mom, can I get you anything';, ';when they do something without being asked. When they made good decisions/choices.When they ask for my advice.. When they take my advice.
i cried the most when I realized I made a huge mistake in parenting, and I had been doing it for awhile. I cried because of what I was teaching my kids. I cried happy tears when they made me birthday/Christmas gifts and stayed up late doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment