Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is the age 6 to old to be bathed by opposite sex parent?

I read a question and answer where a lady still bathes her 6 year old son.Is the age 6 to old to be bathed by opposite sex parent?
no it's not to old, unless he can do a good enough job on his own.Is the age 6 to old to be bathed by opposite sex parent?
I think a 6 year old is too old to be bathed by either parent regardless of whether they're male or female. At 6 years old they are quite capable of washing themselves without any help. However I think at 6 years old they still require some supervision such as an adult turning on the water level so it's not too hot that it burns the child.I also think that the parents (through a closed door) should verbally check in to make sure the child hasn't injured themsleves (by being burned or slipping in the shower). O
Not really.


And lets be honest-- it's nothing the mom hasn't seen before...


And six year olds aren't all that great at washing themselves. You leave it to him, and he'll probably have soap all over himself and forget to rinse the shampoo out of his hair.


Of course, 6 year olds are probably fine being left alone and just checked in on.
Um, no, not really.





6 year olds still aren't the best at getting themselves fully clean. My 6 year old daughter has problems washing her hair, so I or my husband help with the final rinse, to make sure it's clean. Sometimes she needs to be reminded to really wash her feet or armpits or whatever.
Theres nothing wrong with a mother helping a 6yo boy in the bath. I do it every night. If it was left up to him, he wouldn't use the soap, he'd play with the bath toys and end up splashing all the water on the floor. I even help my 10yo daughter wash her hair. She never seems to get all of the shampoo out of her hair, is there something wrong with that. NO.
By the time my son is 6, I hope he is able to bathe himself. In saying that, as long as it is for innocent reasons like bathing, etc I see no problem with a boy age 6, being seen nude by his mother. As long as both parties are comfortable.
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The cut off in my opinion is when a child gets within a year or two of starting puberty, like 9 or 10. At six they still need help making sure that they are cleaning themselves properly.
What's wrong with that? I wouldn't leave a 6 year old in the bath alone, anything could happen. Plus, they would spend all the time play and no time washing.
wow, some people will pervert up everything.


no, I don't think it is strange that a parent will bathe their child.
No we still help my 9 year old daughter with her very very long hair! I dont see anything wrong with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment