Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it true that kids at the age of 13 can decide which parent they want to reside with? ?

I share joint custody of my 2 children. Although they are 14 %26amp; 15 they have lived with me for 2 years. I have recently filed for child support through Social Service. My ex is fighting this and refuses to help with any bills and has already claimed them on his taxs for last year. I cannot afford an attorney and am seeking any advice I can get. Am I at a losing battle here or and I entitled for support?? Please help!Is it true that kids at the age of 13 can decide which parent they want to reside with? ?
the laws differ from state to state. contact your local dhsIs it true that kids at the age of 13 can decide which parent they want to reside with? ?
I think it depends on the state laws. I have been told by a judge that he won't allow children on the stand to testify until they are 12, so don't even bother seeking sole custody until that time.





Where I live, the child support payments are based on the number of nights the child stays with each parent. I don't know if that method is used elsewhere or not. But if so and the kids stay with you, be sure to document that and have it in a readable form. I don't think you are in a losing battle. There are great on-line resources for the laws in your state. do your homework. Good luck!
I know some people that have joint custody and they get along.


They take turns on the tax thing.


If they want to be tough, they really have to show where they have contributed to 50% of their support for that year.


You have 2 kids and yourself. Just add all the bills food clothing Utilities rent times 3 and they will be the 33 %26amp; 1/3 %.





If yours is higher than what he spends , turn him in for tax fraud.


Claim them yourself, and turn him in for the reward.
i think you can but not sure. you can call 211 from a home line and ask for free legal service they will give you some number and tell ask . good luck!!
if you were 13, could you?

No comments:

Post a Comment