Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is the hardest thing you've had to do as a parent?

I'm sure some of you must know my answer. What's yours?What is the hardest thing you've had to do as a parent?
i am so, so, sorry for your loss :( you are so much stronger than i could ever be- if anything happened to my daughter that would be the end of me (i am the single mom of an almost seven year old.)


the hardest thing i've had to do- my daughter has ADD and she cries every morning because she hates to take her medicine but it helps her so much in school, i hate having to make her take it. i had ADD as a child too and i had to take medicine too so i know how she feels. i feel so awful for ';drugging'; her up, but her report card improved so much since she started taking her medicine.What is the hardest thing you've had to do as a parent?
The hardest thing for me is disciplining my children.
take something away from my daughter that she really wants.....she bawls %26amp; it kills me
Explain to a 2 year old why he won't see papa anymore. (He died while my boys were 1 and 2).
Not a kid, but my horse, who is about as close to having a child I'm going to have... he suffered from an intestinal bust a month ago. Nothing I could do do stop it, and couldn't put him down because I didn't know it was happening.
Patience
So sorry for you loss. That was by no means what i thought I'd read upon opening this question.





To answer your question, the hardest thing thus far, has been trying to make the right decisions 100% of the time, to give our 3 kids the best chance in life possible. I'm tired, and lost. Right now I have no idea what is right or wrong anymore. All I know is that life is too damn short, and there is never enough time.





Ironically fitting with your situation, in a vastly unpleasant way.





I hope you find peace and happiness, regardless of this short life, or the shitty cards that get dealt.
watch my only child die from a chronic disease and there was nothing i could do to stop it.
loving my son enough to know that he had to be put away in a instution so he couldn't hurt anyone, again.





I thought mine was hard, I can't even imagine your pain.
The hardest thing ive had to do is see my son as sick as he was when he was 2 months old. the doctor told me if i don pull the plug on him, hed be so mentally retarded his life wouldn be worth living.


Of course I could not do that.


Hes 14 months old now and as healthy as ever,


that experience was the hardest for me





* my mother died in december and i have custody of my 4 and 5 year old brothers. They ask all the time whens mommy coming back.


Its so hard to deal with.
I think I do know what your's is, but just out of curiousity, what is it?
I had a miscarriage with #3...then 2 months later, my husband left for basic training...I found out I was pregnant again the week after he left. It was hard loving that child, while I was still mourning the other. I consider myself pro-life, but I had a dark moment when I thought ';nobody would even know if I just terminated it';. I just didn't want to feel her grow inside of me %26amp; then lose her. I learned how strong I could be during that time. Now, I know that she was such a gift...and we were even blessed with another after her.








I couldn't even imagine losing a 4 year old child...I am so sorry you had to go through that.
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your child it had to be one of the hardest thing for you to go through then on top of that you had to do being a pallbearer for him/ her . I could never imagine the pain you went through,I thought putting my 3rd child through surgeries from the day she was born til the time she was 5 and having other children at home was the hardest thing for me to deal with but yours is a lot more harder for me to hear it is giving me a real sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and bringing tears to my eyes as i sit here and write this god for bid that i would lose one of my children like you did i think i couldn't handle loosing them then being a pallbearer on top of it you didn't even have time to heal over this and you were asked to be a big part of putting you child down to rest god must have been with you and holding you to keep you standing my prayers go out to you and your family again i'm very sorry for your loss


if you don't mine me asking when did your child pass away.and what from


and if you would like a prayer request just email me


I thought answering a ? on how to tell son that his father was going to Iraq was hard but your ? when I was answering it brought tears to my eyes and gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and made me think of reality and life its something you should never take for granted because you never know when god is calling you home
Oh im sorry for your loss. I thought just being a parent is hard as it is, but losing a kid is off the roof. Now i don't know if something can be harder than that :(





I'm hugging my kids right now...
Cope with the loss of baby through a miscarriage.





I'm so sorry for your loss as well. No parent should ever have to bury their child. God bless you.
watch my 2 very small, very fragile boys on life support in incubators when they were born. they were both preemies, both borne out of complicated pregnancies.


i couldn't help but blame myself for bringing them into the world like that.
Nothing like you went through, I guess the hardest part of being a parent is knowing when to let them grow up. I want her to stay a baby and she wants to grow up!!
Seeing my children go through so much trauma (serious illness, emotional problems being hurt), and not being able to kiss it better, or put a band aid on it, and having to keep it together for them. It makes you feel helpless.
Having to get ready for two new babies into my life. I have 13 year old twin girls who I have devoted my whole life for and I have done everything for them. And for their whole lives it's been them only. But now I am having another pair of twin girls in August. But we are all waiting for our little girls to arrive and we can't wait.





Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment