Saturday, January 23, 2010

Would you consider yourself a parent after miscarriage?

My fiancee and I just recently had a miscarriage. We have no other children. We still feel as though we are parents but one of my friends told me that was absurd. She said we can not consider ourselves parents because the child was never born. What do you think?Would you consider yourself a parent after miscarriage?
Even though I had two miscarriages before I had my first child, I did not consider myself a parent until my daughter was born.





It does not mean that I don't wonder what those babies would have been like and how they might have compared to the children I have, but I did not consider myself to be a parent.Would you consider yourself a parent after miscarriage?
I am so very terribly sorry!!! Technically your not a parent on the outside (taking care of her and feeding her and stuff) But you are a parent in your heart. I hope it all works out. Oh! And screw that girl that told u were absurd, she obviously doesn't know the tragedies you have gone through. Good luck ... :)





R.I.P Little baby
No you are parents after a live baby is born and you name it. Sorry but I agree with your friend about your parental concept being absurd. Please don't take me wrong, but maybe you should seek some counseling to help you cope with your loss.
I wouldnt say that you were absurd, but i wouldnt consider you to be a parent either. I hope that things work out for you and you do finally have a baby. I had 3 miscarriages myself and I know how u feel..Good Luck
I think it's good to remember your baby (ultrasound pictures and whatnot) but you can't consider yourselves parents.
No you are not parents, but you can think whatever you want if it makes you feel better.
No. You are not a mother. When you are pregnant with your first they call you mother to be. You are not a mom yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment