Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much money would my parent have to pay if i went to school in a town that they do not live in?

I am fifteen and I live in new york with my family but i will soon be moving in with one of my close friends and her family down south. So if i am a resident of the town but my parents are not, will my parents have to pay the school money since they don't live there? Please help!How much money would my parent have to pay if i went to school in a town that they do not live in?
If you have a physical address in that town then you have nothing to worry about. (You have to have lived there for 6 months....but I know many who have gotten away with it) But if you can't use your friends address then your parents will have to pay out of state taxes.....you can look at an extra 5,000 to 10,000 a year depending on the school you are looking at.How much money would my parent have to pay if i went to school in a town that they do not live in?
that would have to pay an arm and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment