Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can I be in the Navy as active duty as a single parent with no custody?

I joined the Navy as active duty and I'm about to claim my child as my dependent now that I have proof from the court saying I have no custody of her. Can I still serve on active duty because I have no custody? Or do I have to do reserves? Can I be in the Navy as active duty as a single parent with no custody?
if you try and get custody back, you will be discharged for Fraudulent enlistment.





with a COURT ORDER stipulating you must pay child support and provide medical insurance, you can enroll the child In DEERS.. but you would only qualify for BAH differential, and the child can get an ID card and be covered under TRICARE.





Can I be in the Navy as active duty as a single parent with no custody?
Yes, if you have no custody you can enlist on active duty. After you get onto active duty, if you then regain custody during your first enlistment, it's very possible you'll be discharged.
it is possible to do active duty but the Navy may not want someone who lost custody of their kid. They are going to do a background check and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment