Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I be a foster parent if I am a felon?

I would love to help a child in need of a loving parental figure. Do I have to be married? What is the criteria for being a foster parent?Can I be a foster parent if I am a felon?
If you or any adult residing in your home has been convicted of certain criminal offenses, you cannot be a foster parent. Each adult member of your household will be fingerprinted, and a juvenile records check will be done on each child in your home 12 years of age and older.





Foster parents can be single, married, divorced or separated. However, you must have been in your current marital status for at least 12 months to ensure stability in your relationship.





Can I be a foster parent if I am a felon?
So many rude people. Understand there are different felonies. It is possible for someone to make a mistake.

Report Abuse



To the idiots that down the Original poster!!! How dare you judge some one that is willing to open there home to someone in need! Get off your high horses and help someone not put them down! Bless those that try to help. We have all made mistakes in our past some worse than others.

Report Abuse



Just because someone made a mistake years ago doesnt mean that they are a horrible person. People change. This person could change a childs life and who knows that kid could have a great impact on this world. Which is more than i can say for you ignorant judgmental people.

Report Abuse



I am a convicted felon AND foster a child in my home. I am an honest citizen and made a mistake about 10 years ago. Due to the fact that there are so many children right now that need a good home, DSS is making exceptions to the felony issue. Of course you have to prove and show to them that you

Report Abuse



not in most states you cant but its awesome that u are considering! i know people rehabilitate but the state doesn't look at it that way!! I'm not sure if felons can even work at child care centers, maybe you should get involved in church youth programs since you want to help kids, most of the times Church's understand people rehabilitate, and ALWAYS need help in youth programs, this would also help you by church members writing character witness statements to social services


I know they go through your house with a fine tooth comb, and your past and present lifestyle, and finances to be considered in NC to be a foster parent I'm sure each state has different criteria for being a foster parent i would call my local social services for answers!
So the state is supposed to take children away from dangerous environments in order to place them with a felon?


LOL. Sorry, but that was hilarious. I hope this is a joke, because I highly doubt anyone would give an abused child to a felon.
According to this question you have a chronic illness ...so personally i think your a liar or trying to make yourself feel good


http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>
NO. can you ****. hahahaha really ? your really asking this question?


as if there gonna let a felon adopt os foster a child. come on. its called common sense. dont mean to be harsh but....... thats the wayt is
I don't know for sure however I would think if you are a felon that you would not be able to foster a child.
I really doubt it, although the effort is appreciated.
i don't think you would qualify for being a foster parent
just go steal a kid. hell what's one more felony, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment