Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do I tell a parent that I know their child has been drinking?

My 14 year old daughter and her friend told me that some of the boys they are friends with, have been drinking on the weekends. They have been friends with the boys for a few years and I do know the parents but not that well. I would want a parent to let me know if they heard my kid was doing drugs or drinking alcohol. I dont know that all parents feel the same way. Do I stay out of it, or do I make some phone calls?Do I tell a parent that I know their child has been drinking?
I'd say, do to others how you would want others to do to you. You should just tell their parents, if the parent's of the alcoholic are understanding, they'd want to know too.Do I tell a parent that I know their child has been drinking?
Don't cause the parents will get defensive and attack you for slandering their childs name. Just tell your daughter to stay away from them.
NO!There not your kids don't get in to it.Just keep quiet or the parents will spaz out on you.I know it's for your best interst but stay out of it!
Yes, don't call their parents, tell them in person.
You must tell them one way or another, or else your daughter is going to end up the same way, she will cave into peer pressure to remain popular. If you don't want to confront the parents of these boys personally, maybe you could pop a note into the letterbox or post it. The boys will deny it, but it will make the parents think about it and be more vigilant.
MAKE THAT CALL!!!!!





I was that kid in high school that you didnt want your kids to hang around. I was a good person, but had a lot of very bad habbits.





You may run into some irate parents that will refuse to listen to what you are saying... You may even run into some parents that will return your info with retaliation toward your kid...





Get the facts strait... when, where, who,


Give the parents something to go with. You know that these kids are going to say that they haven't done this.
Yes! you should tell them that they're drinking before it gets out of hand!Like something really bad happends! i wouldn't want my 13 and 14 year old friends doing that! it's just nasty!
i think you should tell them.
Act according to your instinct.. if you feel you have to tell...go and tell coz you too wish someone will tell you if your child does anything bad ..but i doubt the society is that caring nowadays...you might risk getting some negative response from the parents coz it might turn out the parents allow the kid to drink... so just judge for yourself...if you want to and if you don't, you will feel guilty for not telling so...by all means .. go and tell but if you want to avoid problems that might arise... leave it be and tell your child not to hang around them ... good luck
wouldn't u like to know if ur kid was drinking? i would tell them cause most likely they don't have a clue. think how u would feel if something bad actually happened because of this. what if the child got behind the wheel of a car? remember the judgment becomes impaired due to alcohol. i would tell
I would tell them. I would tell them that your daughter had told you that they were all drinking together. I would definately want anyone to tell me if my kid was there. I would go with your gut instinct and call the parents.
stay out of it,if you start telling the kids will start picking on your kids ,there momms a tattle tale an get your kids picked on an hated for a while all though you were doing the right thing, the kids will get in trouble an only be acting out on yours. they'll get caught n n e ways the parents might be the type that think there kids do no wrong n not beleive you.
I would try to get your kids to do it but tell them its anonymous when they talk to the parents or tell them you heard and make sure your kids will back you up.





I mean and this is coming from some one who is 16 and has drank and has friends that do it. But at least most of our parents know and a lot of them are older so it doesn't matter. But at that age I think they need to at least know even if they will dislike you.
This is never an easy position to be in. But like you said you would hope someone would tell you if it was your child.


Parents as a whole want the best for their children. But they can not help them if they do not know about it.


Tell them. As gently as possible.


Expect them to be defensive and probably mad. But at least know that you told and now it is in their hands
That depends on the parents. If they are the type that seem like they genuinely want the best for their kids then i would say something. But some parents are a*s*sholes and would get mad at you for sticking your nose in their kids business. It depends on them.
im 15 and i know a lot of people who drink, but i think that thats their decision and they should handle that by themselves. i would make sure your daughter stays away from that crap, but it doesnt mean she cant be friends with them. but i know i would be pissed if my mom told their parents..
I think you should tell their parents.Cause if you don't, it could get to the point where it gets out of control.so yes.You should tell their parents.
I would. If someone knew my daughter was drinking and didn't tell me I would be highly upset.


I don't care who's feet you step on, or any lines I might cross. 14 year olds should not be drinking.
tell them. it can only help, they may hate you at the beginning for telling on them, but in the end they will love you for telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment